Story of my life

So here it is... my story. Have you ever seen the movie good luck chuck? That's me One of the most un luckiest girl you will ever meet. Pretty much every day my life is an adventure of things going wrong. So i thought i would share my mishaps and bad luck with all of you!
With love
Amanda

DIY nursing Tank!!

It's been a while since I've blogged i know, but honestly not much bad luck has happened to really keep you entertained! I decided to start sharing my crafty ways for everyone.... i mean lately I've been Amazing myself with some of the projects i have done! Today I'm sharing DIY nursing tanks!!

Everything for baby is pretty much ready(besides his coming home outfits, we just haven't found "the one") as excited as I am that i have everything ready for baby Austin i realized....I don't have many of the important items for myself yet!! Top of the list Nursing tanks and bra's ( well i do have nursing bra's from baby number 1 but since they fit me good now i feel they will not be fitting to well when my tata's are at their finest) Lucky for me one of the Lovely Fire wives Cindy mills purchased a breastfeeding take for me!! I was so excited! After trying it on and much examining for the contraption i realized.... i can totally make this my self!! Here is a picture of the one that had been purchased for me....


You use your own nursing bra and hook your nursing tank right to it! Some of these tanks also have a little plastic ring you slide over the Bottom hook of your bra as well. These fancy little things cost you about $25.00 each. Now having some of these is pretty essential in my book but $25! come on know our babies are already sucking our bank dry can us momma's get a break!!! We can now.....







First, Find cami or spaghetti strapped shirt that fits you well ( i like mine very fitted to wear as a undershirt) Most of these tanks come with built int bra's I wear a small but my boobs do not and let face it ladies the built in bra that cuts your boob in half because its to small is very unattractive and uncomfortable eek! So the first thing i do is cut out the built in bra, even if they fit in there nicely now they are about to get much larger so i really recommend this step!



This is the cami i bought today at walmart for only $4.88 mine is pink. You can also order 2 for 9.76 online.





They also have lace one's i purchased that as well. Now you have your tank! go ahead and cut out the built in bra now! Next you want to cut the strap in the back NOT THE FRONT only the back like so....


( this is the lace one) Good! Now in the front of the shirt make a loop with the strap, you may want to grab you nursing bra so you know how big to make the loop. I recommend making it tight so you have to pull the loop over the hook with a little bit of force so it fits very snug!

Fantastic! Now that you have that loop you want to sew it back onto the shirt! I just use a thick needle and double the thread to make it stronger, it only takes a few seconds so a sewing machine really isn't needed. Try to match the color of thread to your shirt the best you can

After you strongly secure the loop you may now cut off the rest of the strap leaving you with just the little loop! Repeat these steps on the other side!!
Put on your nursing bra, place the loops over the bottom hook of your bra and snap your bra together....TADA!!! I just saved you $20.00 per tank!!


This is one i had already made ;-)
































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































,

No comments:

Post a Comment